Saturday, December 22, 2018

Triple Iron Diver

Well, this is the last day of diving on the boat.  I’m fine with that.  I want to get back to my nudi-specific diving and I want my own room and different food. Villa Markisa will be perfect for that.

I am also ready to be connected again.  

I decided not to go on the Komodo Dragon tour.  I have done it several times before.

A fairly productive last two dives… and several I don’t know the IDs!

102 - Unknown (white body red cerata red rhinophores and oral tentacles with white sparkly dots - maybe Facelina sp. 3 or Tenellia sp. 29?)

103 - Unknown (white body orange tipped cerata and red and orange rhinophore oral tentacles white)

104 - Unknown (white body all orange cerata orange rhinophore oral tentacles white - looks kinda like Moridilla brockii but the coloring is wrong on the head)

105 - Cratena sp. 2

106 - Hypselodoris sp. 4

107 - Roboastra gracilis



Here is the graph:


So now, I’m up to 1872 dives!  I did every single available dive on the boat so that meant I got the Iron Diver award along with Mark and Simon.  They give a certificate and a medal and they make a big deal out of presenting it over dessert.

I needed to pay my bill after dinner but it was Diego’s first time and there was a very long line so I just went to bed.  Around 11pm, I got a knock on the door and I knew just exactly what it was for… so I paid the park fees and the nitrox and tipped on my credit card.  Then I gave Diego a rubber chicken to use as he sees fit. He said that after this week as his trial week, he got an offer of a two year contract with the fleet.  I think he’s going to take it.

Of course, the group was partying upstairs on the sundeck, but I wanted some alone time.  I stayed in my room watching Ozark.  What a wild show!

I also found out that my flight was delayed two hours.  It’s the same flight everyone else is flying out on as well.  I used the boat’s internet to email Villa Markisa to make sure that they knew… so I had hundreds of emails.

No comments:

Post a Comment