Friday, December 7, 2018

Not FOMO... FOMOON

We had no air conditioning last night.  And no power in the early morning.

I found a tick digging into the top of my foot.  Ugh!  I quickly got it out and then looked to see if they left anything behind… I used my nail clippers to dig out just a little bit that was left and then put some Neosporin on it.  I think I’m gonna live.

Poor David.  Although his camera is sorta working now, it’s not reliable so he hasn’t brought it back down.  God love him though, he isn’t showing his frustration.  And then today one of his two dive computers just completely died. Kaput.  He thinks it may have flooded.  Ugh. What else could go wrong?  Which brings me to consider buying a backup dive computer.  I should think about that.

I found the HUGE black frogfish on the house reef.  OMG. It was just enormous.  I played around and took a picture of Josh next to it to give a sense of scale. 


I sat across from Max and Lauren and next to a guy named Andrew.  He is helping them build the pools and told me that the logistics are the hardest part.  For example, he has to import sand in order to lay the concrete for the pools.  And getting the sand here is a nightmare.  And he has to over order because much of it will get damaged on the way.  I thought about that a little bit and then I realized… this guy is literally bringing sand to the beach.  Huh.

They asked me why it took so long for me to get to Alor.  I wasn’t sure really since this place is INCREDIBLE for nudis.  Especially this site called Matap.  WOW.  We went there for the second dive and the night dive.  A.  MAZE. ING.  Dive guides were pointing out things so fast that I dared not take more than three pictures of each subject for fear of missing the next nudi!

Maybe I should coin a new term.  FOMOON? Fear Of Missing Out On Nudibranchs?

Here is what I saw today:

101 - "Taringa" halgerda

102 - Phyllodesmium parangatum

103 - Phyllidia polkadotsa

104 - Verconia alboannulata

105 - Miamira sinuata

106 - Thorunna daniellae

107 - Phyllodesmium jakobsenae

108 - Siphopteron tigranum

109 - Siphopteron nigromarginatum

110 - Baeolidia variabilis

111 - Nembrotha milleri

112 - Antonietta sp. 1

113 - Nembrotha mullineri

114 - Glossodoris acosti

115 - Hypselodoris iacula

116 - Hypselodoris decorata

117 - Goniobranchus albopunctatus

118 - Marionia sp. 18

119 - Hypselodoris nigrostriata

120 - Nembrotha cf. cristata

121 - Elysia tormentosa

122 - Nembrotha kubaryana

123 - Pleurobranchus peroni

124 - Gymnodoris sp. 18

125 - Gymnodoris inornata

126 - Gymnodoris ceylonica

127 - Favorinus japonicus 

No comments:

Post a Comment