Saturday, December 29, 2018

Ugly American

Today starts the journey home.

Villa Markisa gave me these really cool steel water bottles.  Although we were delayed, my flight was uneventful.  I made it thru customs and claimed my bags and then went to go find this bus pick up spot.  I found it and nobody else was in line so I stood as the first person and many people lined up behind me.

The bus arrived on time but it was already pretty full.  I put my camera bag up there and then went to the back to load my other two bags… all these Chinese people were pushing onto the van and wouldn’t let me back on.  What a clusterfuck.  I made a big deal about it that my bags were now on the shuttle and I needed to get on.  This kind Australian dude let me know that there was an open seat in front of him… now if I could just get to it and confirm that my camera bag was still there. Somehow I climbed over bags (maybe people) and got to that seat and confirmed my camera bag had made it on the shuttle.  WTF people!?!?!?  I was the first in line waiting.  The driver called back to the hotel to let them know that they needed to send another shuttle for the others.

By the time I was checking in, it was after 1am and the hotel told me I needed to check out by noon. I fought back on that one too… I was told over email that I would definitely get late checkout.  My flight was not until 8pm.  They gave me at least a 2pm checkout.  I guess that’s good enough.  Grrr…



No comments:

Post a Comment