Saturday, December 8, 2018

Tide is High

We got regular power back, so we actually have air conditioning… and a hot shower again. Woot!  They said that this is the longest they’ve been without power in a while. They are worried about being able to fill all the Nitrox tanks they need.

The first dive was under a jetty.  It was the best laid out jetty.  There were many pillars covered in life.  The sun was shining down and there was a frogfish and many nudis.  I couldn’t have been happier.

The second dive was even prettier.  It was a beautiful coral reef covered in fish.  Here is Graham’s bravado.


After the second dive, there was a local guy in his underwear spearfishing.  He was wearing these homemade wooden goggles.  Graham told me that I could buy some if I wanted.  





On the way back, the current in the middle of the pass was really rippin’ so we spent some time looking for a Mola Mola.  No luck.

Several of the people on the boat have been to a dive site where there are hundreds of sea crates. Can you imagine?  I can handle one.  Barely.  I CANNOT imagine hundreds!

Today was the greatest tide difference yet.  We can tell by the jetty ramp.  It was really steep in the morning.  Then in the afternoon it is basically flat.  The water is supposed to get colder now.

On the afternoon dive, Graham found a little lego dolly and put it down right behind a nudi, swam me over to show it to me.  I laughed but didn’t take a picture of it.  After the dive, he told me he was sad that I didn’t.

After the afternoon dive, I took Peter down on the house reef to try to find the black frogfish again but I friggin couldn’t find it… or the rock that I found it on.  Oh well.  I guess they CAN move.  Although they usually don’t.

Dinner was early tonight because they had a staff party to celebrate the year.  After we are done, they are shutting down the resort for a month or so.  I really would like to come back.  But if I do, I need to book early and/or get myself on a waitlist.  This place is really small and there is high demand!

Here are the nudis I found:

128 - Marionia sp. 1

129 - Phyllodesmium poindimiei

130 - Phyllidiopsis shireenae

131 - Phyllodesmium iriomotense

132 - Tritonia sp. 10

133 - Chelidonura amoena



No comments:

Post a Comment