Monday, December 17, 2018

Horseshoe Hundred

I hit my 100thdive for the year today.  Woo Hoo! Goal met and I will surpass it by far. Yay!

I found little ladybugs during the first dive!


After that I was just hovering, minding my own business when I felt something on my fin.  I turned around to see if another guest was trying to show me something, but no… it was a Titan Trigger that bit my fin.  Crap, I gotta get moving out of there.  I started to, but before I got out of his “cone”, he got me one more time.  Those guys are scary!

And I found a Sagaminopteron psychedelicum all by myself.  One of the guests, Cheryl didn’t know that they had the “batwing slug” here. 

I’ve taken to napping in the salon between dives.  It’s pretty awesome and they have a bell they ring to tell everyone it is time to dive, so there is no way I will sleep through that.

The food is not all that great.  Luckily I’m not all that hungry and I’m super excited for the diving, not really eating.

We spent the day in Horseshoe Bay.  I’ve been here before and it is a beautiful area.

I basically led the night dive.  Diego and Alice were with me.  We spent time in the sandy area and found tons of stuff.

Here are the nudis I saw today:

56 - Nembrotha milleri

57 - Phyllidiopsis annae

58 - Hypselodoris purpureomaculosa

59 - Mexichromis pusilla

60 - Ardeadoris egretta

61 - Hypselodoris maritima

62 - Chelidonura amoena

63 - Sagaminopteron psychedelicum

64 - Aphelodoris sp.

65 - Tambja zulu

66 - Phyllidiopsis phiphiensis

67 - Dermatobranchus sp. 3

68 - Mexichromis trilineata

69 - Philine orca

70 - Nembrotha cf. cristata

71 - Tambja kava

72 - Enotepteron rosewateri

73 - Phyllodesmium lizardensis

74 - Gymnodoris aurita

75 - Marionia arborescens

76 - Tambja morosa

77 - Pleurobranchus weberi


No comments:

Post a Comment