Thursday, December 1, 2022

Butt Chop Nudi

I slept in a little bit more today.

Every time I walk the paths through the resort these little invisible spider webs get me.  With my headlamp, I can see the spider eyes.  They are super shiny like little mirrors.  It’s crazy and I would love to get a photo but I’m not even sure how I would capture that.

Judy is feeding a mouse in her room.  WTF?

Cheryl was up half the night because she heard something scratching.  She thought it might be a rat or something bigger.  Yikes!

Our morning dives were beautiful at Cathedral and Clown Valley.  We had two snorkelers on the boat today so it was Cheryl/Nikko/me, then Judy/Chiana/Hengke.

Judy lost her mask over the side as she was cleaning it.  Nobody jumped over to save it and then when Nikko went to look for it he couldn’t find it.  What a nightmare.  She said it might be her last day of diving.

At lunch Judy got caught trying to feed the cat from the table.  Romy gave her a real talking to about it!

I jumped the house reef and then we went to Mucky Mosque for the night dive.  The beginning was slow but then it really picked up.  We saw the biggest octopus I think I have ever seen in the wild.

Here is the Nudi count for today:

102 - Ceratosoma gracillimum




103 - Dermatobranchus sp.


Similar to Dematobranchus funiculus but without ridges

104 - Jorunna funebris


105 - Flabellina rubrolineata


106 - Antonietta sp. 1


107 - Tambja sp. 3

108 - Stylocheilus striatus

109 - Goniobranchus kuniei

110 - Pleurobranchus forskalii

111 - Marionia rubra

112 - Marionia sp. 9

113 - Marionia distincta


114 - Phyllodesmium sp. 4

115 - Dolabella auricularia (aka the Butt Chop Nudi)


OMG.  It is like someone chopped off their butt.  Even the book says "it can be immediately distinguished by its discoidal hind end that makes it look like the posterior of the animal was chopped off".  Ha! 

116 - Phyllodesmium crypticum

117 - Pleurobranchus peronii

At first I thought this was a color variation, but it is a Pleurobranchus forskalii.

118 - Pleurobranchus varians


119 - Eubranchus mandapamensis


Nikko found this for me when we were on the line doing a safety stop.  Way to finish strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment