Monday, December 5, 2022

A Spare

I got up feeling pretty good once again.  I finished my book last night.  It was hilarious.

Excuse Me While I Disappear: Tales of Midlife Mayhem by Laurie Notaro.

I’m excited to start a new one.  Now the that blast of new nudis all the time is over… I have a little more time for other things.

The Italian couple and Judy left right after breakfast.  And a new couple from Maui arrived.

The morning dives were pretty mellow.  We tried (again) to go to Great Wall but it still wasn’t safe.  So we did a couple of muck dives… I loved it.

Today I did something big.  I successfully executed the camera housing swap because the shutter lever was sticking.  I was worried the other housing was going to flood, but it didn't.

Now the shutter lever on this other housing is working well.  Woo Hoo!  I need it to hold out another 10 days or so.

I actually decided to not jump the house reef today.  Our 3pm dive went over 80 minutes and I felt lucky about my camera housing so I didn’t want to push things.

I finished the short story called Bookstore Sisters.  I read it in an hour while waiting for dinner.  Cute little tale.

I reflected today that it never hurts to have a spare.  Of anything.  Speaking of which, I found a Glossodoris cincta with two specific and separate gills.  Super cool.

Update: this is NOT a Glossodoris cincta.  It is a Glossodoris hikuerensis which has two gill structures!



Just a few new nudis today:

148 - Phyllidiopsis annae


149 - Mexichromis trilineata



Slight variation of it.

150 - Phyllidiopsis shireenae




151 - Phyllodesmium pinnatum

152 - Goniobranchus sp.


Maybe an itty bitty Goniobranchus tinctorius?

From Marli Wakeling Goniobranchus tinctorius is a Red Sea/ Oman species. There is a huge group of Goniobranchus that have not been described. At this size, hard to know which one of those it is. Best to call it Goniobranchus sp.


No comments:

Post a Comment