Saturday, December 3, 2022

Transparent and Tiny

I have a great routine going now.  And I feel like the staff have gotten to know me.  We found out that the US lost to the Netherlands.  Oh no.

Our first dive was Board Room where we hit our first real current.  That totally messes with my nudi hunting abilities.  

I realize that I am often saying the name of the Nudibranch in my head while I am shooting it.  And sometimes I haven’t looked at or thought of that nudi in a long time.  I am psyched that I am remembering them.

In between dives, I snorkeled over to the jetty and tried to get some good video on my Go Pro Max.  I think my best video will be from the inside of the jetty to the outside.  There were lots of kids jumping off the jetty into the water.

The second dive at Bakalang Jetty was fabulous.  I even found some of the smallest tiniest nudis ever… and I took video of two Nembotha sp. 2s mating for a long time.  I could dive at the jetty every dive and not get bored.  Cheryl said that she saw a dead monitor lizard.  One of its legs was tied to a weight and it was in the water.  So sad.

My shutter button is still sticking, but it is workable.  I’m trying to decide if I should get out the other housing or not.

Everyone loves my Red Bubble dresses.  When I say everyone, I mean EVERYONE.  I found a spider inside one of them when I went to put it on… and a different time I found a gecko!  On that note, I went to put on a clean pair of underwear the other day and there was an ant crawling in them. OMG.  I guess I really do have ants in my pants here.  

The afternoon dive was at Matap.  That was one of my favorite sites last time I was here.  It was a little slow at the beginning, but we saw some great stuff.  

Oh, and Judy brought Flappy on the dive boat.  Ummm.  This BIG stuffed turtle on a dive skiff.  OMG.  I kept hinting that he will just run away and jump off back into the ocean.  And then I thought we should kidnap Flappy and hold him for ransom.  How hilarious would that be?  But Cheryl and Reilly have talked me out of it.  There would be tears.  I don’t want tears.

I jumped the house reef for a bit.  We laughed about the fact that we don’t say dive the house reef, but “jump” the house reef.  It’s right there I can do it alone and doesn’t cost anything, so of course I am going to “jump” as many times as possible!  I didn’t realize this but one guy has to wait for me after the dive to help me out of the water and rinse off my gear.  So I think they get a little annoyed at me if I dive a really long time.

Both Romy and Chiana said they don’t pee in their wetsuits.  Yeah right.  My very first instructor told me that there are two kinds of divers: ones who pee in their wetsuits and ones who lie about not peeing in their wetsuits.  I peed so much in my wetsuit today that Cheryl could smell it.  Ha.  I just say that means I’m well hydrated.

The nudis I saw today can be summarized as "Transparent and Tiny".

Nudi list:

131 - Glossodoris acosti




132 - Elysia sp. 37

Originally I thought was Elysia sp. 32 in NSSI1, but Pirjo says it may be Elysia sp. 37 in NSSI2.

133 - Unidentia sandramillenae

Originally I thought was Flabellina sp. 3 but Pirjo says Unidentia sandramillenae.

134 - Coryphellina rubrolineata


Originally I thought Flabellina angelvaldesi, but Pirjo says Coryphellina rubrolineata.

135 - Goniodoridella sp. 5


136 - Colpodaspis thompsoni


137 - Phyllidia exquisita


138 - Dermatobranchus rodmani



139 - Nembrotha milleri



140 - Godiva sp. 3



No comments:

Post a Comment