Saturday, December 10, 2022

Garfield Ate the Lasagna

The World Cup was happening really early in the morning: France vs. England and around 4:30am I just heard a loud “Yeah” coming from (I assume) Max.  So funny.  In the end, France won, so Rhome was happy.

For the first time on this trip I’m feeling a little sniffle-y.  It’s not a big deal and my ears are still clearing but I hope this goes away!  I’ve got five more days to go!

Alivia flew out today back to Minnesota.  She did a lot of snorkeling and one dive on the house reef.  I asked Reilly if he was sad, but he said he was going to see her again back in Minnesota in a few weeks.  The resort shuts down from mid-December to mid-March every year.

Rhome mentioned that this resort might be good for another slugfest.  Hmmm… that sounds interesting.  

The morning dives were good and we found the tiger shrimp.  I guess they haven’t seen them all season.





I haven’t watched any of the shows I downloaded to my phone.  Today I started watching Season 3 of Dead to Me.

I decided to wear my 7mm wetsuit in the afternoon.  I don't know what possessed me, but it was awful.  I'm going to leave it behind.  I think I need to get a custom one from Sea Gods in Bali.

On the house reef Rhome and I found a cerata of a Phyllodesmium longcirrum… but we couldn’t find the creature anywhere.  

I also found the zebra eel under the anemone rock.  He moved!

On the night dive I had a little squid playing in my light, so I pretended I was on a blackwater dive and took some pictures of it.

After the night dive walking back to our bungalows, we saw this huge crab/shrimp thing on land. It was at least 8 inches long.  Super creepy.  I guess it is call a mud crab.



I had a respectable nudi count today!

176 - Hypselodoris emma


177 - Ardeadoris sp.


Looks like a Thorunna furtiva, but the rhinophores and gills are dark orange.  Lindy Warren said: Ardeadoris sp.

178 - Cerberilla affinis


179 - Diversidoris crocea



180 - Phyllodesmium sp.

181 - Dermatobranchus tuberculatus

I would say Dermatobranchus rodmani but there is no horizontal line.

182 - Dermatobranchus sp. 11


183 - Gymnodoris inornata

Looks like Garfield the cat after eating a plate of lasagna!

184 - Aplysia juliana


185 - Tenellia sp. 79




No comments:

Post a Comment