Monday, December 12, 2022

Solar Powered Orgy

Lightroom has been pretty good to me this trip.  Today I had to reboot to get it to work properly, but it’s not that bad.  Every morning, I give it time to sync photos up to the cloud, but it is still showing that there are many more to go.  Today it finally caught up!

On the way to the first dive site, we saw a manta at the surface.  Reilly was so excited.  I guess they never see mantas here.

We did the Jetty and then Black Rhino.  They were awesome peaceful great visibility no current dives.  I felt good.  My mask was just right.  My buoyancy was just right.  I saw some great stuff and a few nudis, but only one of them may be new.

It’s not new, but Nikko found an awesome Phyllodesmium poindimiei right at the end of our jetty dive.  Sparkles!

This one is not new either but we found a really fun “pocket poodle” Jorunna rubescens.  I love these guys.


At the end of the second dive, the Pindito Liveaboard pulled up and dropped in three skiffs’ worth of divers on us.  Luckily we were almost done and I was so focused on the small stuff, I didn’t even see them.

Rhome’s brother flew in today from France.  Lots of flights.

OMG OMG OMG!!!  Reilly, Lois and I dove the House Reef after lunch.  I told Reilly I wanted to dive it his way so we went to the left and pretty fast but whoa… I found the Phyllodesmium longcirrum on the HOUSE REEF.  I was so excited and taking pictures and then Reilly started yelling.  He found a MASS of cerata.  Just a HUGE ball.  I just stopped moving right then and there and took pictures and just watched.  There were at least four of them.  One crawling.  One baby one on top and two massive ones mating below… although I could have been convinced that there were three of them.  I knew when Rhome and I found the one cerata on Sunday, they were there.  Who knew there would be a whole PARTY of them!  




The night dive was great.  Reilly found a tiger shrimp and Nikko found a BUNCH of new nudis at the end.  As I surfaced, I noticed that the stars were SO bright.  OMG.  I may never go back home.

What a day.

190 - Phyllodesmium magnum (juvenile)



191 - Tenellia sp.
With eggs.

192 - Doris immonda






193 - Aplysia sp.





194 - Atagema spongiosa


195 - Thordisa villosa






No comments:

Post a Comment