Friday, December 9, 2022

Mucky Morning

The girls are all a twitter this morning.  Way more animated than usual.  They are watching the World Cup live and cheering for Argentina.  So excited.  Super cute.

I said goodbye to Cheryl and then we headed out for a mucky morning.  Muck dives all day.  It was awesome.  Even Rhome and Max came.

At the surface interval, Inca was scrolling thru her photos and showed me a Micromelo undatum!  Damn it.  I missed that one.

By the end of my second dive I was almost out of battery.  That’s when I KNOW it was good.  Rhome even found a lionfish eating another fish.  It was still squirming!

I learned that the word “posh” stands for Port Out Starboard Home.  This was when the rich people did the crossing the beautiful views were on the Port Side on way out and then on the Starboard Side on the way home.  Who knew?

I also learned that Max used to be a child actor growing up in Austria.  He performed on stage with live theater.

At lunch, the show Little Shop of Horrors came up so I had to play the “feed me” song for Rhome.  

Peter also looked over at the Nudi ID book, pointed to one and said “I saw that today.”  I said, “Wow, that’s pretty amazing because according to the book it is only found in Hong Kong.”  Ha!

At dinner, we had a good debate about whether the octopus we saw was mimic or wunderpus.  We decided it was wunderpus.

The Nudi Hunt was awesome today.  Many I’m not even sure what species they are:

166 - Thordisa sp. 10


167 - Mexichromis aurora


168 - Phyllidia babai


169 - Thorunna daniellae


170 - Hydatina physis


171 - Goniodoris sp.



172 - Baeolidia salaamica


I read on Nudibase that this is now Baeolidia australis.  Hmmm...

173 - Jorunna sp. 9



174 - Lomanotus vermiformis


175 - Facelind sp.



No comments:

Post a Comment