Friday, December 2, 2022

Sponging off a Spong-ey Nudi

OK, it has officially been one week since I’ve been here.  So I serviced my camera housing and washed my bathing suits.

The two morning dives were really chill.  I found a few good nudis.  During the surface interval, we had a HUGE pod of dolphins and I took some Go Pro video.

When Cheryl and I got in for the second dive we were waiting for our guide Sam.  And then we saw Nikko and I was like Yay!  Are you our guide?  And he said no… and then went deep.  He retrieved a full kit… tank/BCD.  Ummm… I figured it was Judy’s, but later I found out it was actually Sam’s.  Doh!

Two new guests are here from Labuan Bajo.  Jorge and Gigi.  He runs liveaboards and she runs a hotel.  They are here on holiday.  Chris from the Pearl Farm was also back.  He is going to try to help Max fix a boat motor.  Now we almost have a full table.

It rained over lunch and it was nice to have a cup of coffee and cookies.  

I had a great afternoon dive and jumped the House Reef for an hour.  As I got in Reilly and Max were hooting and hollering about a Kingfisher jumping out of the water.  I missed it as I was putting on my BCD.  After the dive, I came up to the most amazing sunset.  Things just feel right.  My body feels good and I feel like this is exactly what I am supposed to be doing.

My shutter button has started sticking a little in the halfway down position.  I tried to push it up and down a lot in fresh water hoping that would help.  I also serviced my camera after dinner.

Speaking of dinner, I wore my Grinch dress… you know, because it is Saturday night and it is December.  Everyone got a chuckle out of it.

120 - Mexichromis pusilla

121 - Elysia sp. 21

122 - Phyllidiopsis pipeki

123 - Doriprismatica atromarginata

124 - Phyllidia coelestis

125 - Facelinid sp. 2 


126 - Aegires sp. 5

127 - Hypselodoris zephyra

128 - Hypselodoris infucata

129 - Rostanga sp.



Look closely - There are two Gymnodoris sp. eating the Rostanga sp!!!  Right at its "mouthparts"!!!  
These two beasts are sponging off a spongy nudit.


130 - Trapania gibbera



No comments:

Post a Comment