Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Dialed In

Max and Rhome’s brother were already up when I made it to the dining table.  They were watching the World Cup: Argentina vs. Croatia.  At 3am.  That’s commitment.  But whoever wins this match would play France if they win their match tomorrow.  In the end, Argentina won.

We broke the 200 count barrier on the first dive at Babylon.  It just Lois and me diving with Reilly leading Lois and Nikko leading me.  We had so many great ones!  And everything just felt right.

Dotty McSpotty (Tambja gabrielae) was rearing his head and found me.  OMG.  So cool.

Three new Americans arrived today.  All young people.  One works as a lawyer in Jakarta and the other guy/gal are from Miami.  He is doing a Masters in Ocean Conservation at Miami University like Cheryl did.

The afternoon dive was incredible.  We were all dialed in looking for nudis.  I found some new ones!  I saw a couple Siphopteron sp. 9. nudis. They are SO SMALL.  I was shooting shooting shooting and then Lois kicked and they went everywhere.  I yelled through my regulator.  But god love Nikko.  He was right there and put them back on a rock in an even better position for photos.  So I guess I actually need to thank Lois.  

Then we found Tiger Shrimp again!!!  We determined that these are the Rock and Roll shrimp with electric guitars.  (vs. the Harlequin Shrimp that have knitting needles).

Nikko also found me a Micromelo undatus!  Woot!  I wanted to kiss him underwater.  So great.

I jumped the house reef and I think I got a couple more nudis.  Dialed in.

Afterward I took a shower in the rain.  It was pretty cool.  The whole bathroom here is outside and it is just awesome.

I keep thinking I need to do a visual storyboard of the lifecycle of a nudibrancher.  I have lots of funny stages.

Nudis found today:

196 - Myja longicornis


197 - Phyllidiella rudmani


198 - Tambja gabrielae





199 - Phyllidia sp.




200 - Chromodoris annae


201 - Hermaea sp. 4




202 - Sagaminopteron pohnpei




203 - Gymnodoris citrina


204 - Micromelo undatus



205 - Goniodoridella sp. 8



206 - Costasiella usagi


207 - Trapania caerulea



208 - Hypselodoris sp.


Vie Panyarachun says: It’s an undescribed species that may be a Hypselodoris.

No comments:

Post a Comment