Thursday, December 8, 2022

Blue

The moon is reflecting off the water in the darkness.  It is very calming… and I caught this paddler quietly traversing the ocean in front of the resort.  

Cheryl overslept, but when she was a half hour late for breakfast, I went to knock on her door.  She is a trooper and still made it to the boat on time.

We tried to go to the dive site Pool Party again, but couldn’t because the current was too strong.  As we motored over to Apuri Bay instead, the guys on the bow saw two blue marlin jumping.  I guess there have also been blue whales spotted here recently.

Also we saw a boat called “The Naughty Nudi”.  

Inca, the gal from Hawaii has taken to just giving her underwater camera to Sam who is taking the photos for her.  Well, that’s one way to do it and get great shots!

I did all four dives again and Cheryl and I had a fabulous night dive.  It was one of those dives where I just couldn’t keep up with all the things that Nikko was pointing out.  It was exhilarating!

At first I thought this one was a Nudi, but it is not.  It is an anemone.


This one was new to me so I posted it on Nudibase.  From Hsini Lin: Some species of Miamira and Dendrodoris have that structure of tubercles. Based on its rhinophores and gill, my bet is on Miamira. Nice find! Do you have other photos?


I nudged it to get it to crawl.  But it launched and I couldn't get it to settle.  Then I saw a little bit of tentacley stuff on its underside.  OMG.  It extruded its guts and then used it to launch itself through the water.  So cool.  I was so in shock that I didn't even take pictures.  Whaaaaat?!!??!?? 

Update:  We went back to this site and I found it again and took a picture.

And here is the update from Hsini Lin: <will populate>

This is NOT a nudi.  :(

Slug Slog:

158 - Dermatobranchus caesitius

This nudi has a bluish tint.

159 - Chromodoris michaeli


Another new species right on the house reef!

160 - Gymnodoris sp. 9



161 - Marionia sp. 4


162 - Marionia arborescens





No comments:

Post a Comment