Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Superstar Sluggers

I leave at 8pm tonight.  They need the room at noon, so I need to be packed except for my shower/plane stuff.  I’ll use a shower in the spa to get ready.

I was so honored to dive with Ali, Jim and Bernard.  They are like three superstars of the Nudibranching community. 

Ali has her PhD in slugs and her site is:
Jim is known as the Scottish Nudibranch guy and his site is:



And of course, Bernard is our esteemed scientist on the trip.  He has many sites listed at the bottom of this page:



It’s like diving with the Chicago Bulls I guess.

So after 27 days, 76 dives and 389 unique nudibranch species and endlessly humming Mahna Mahna, this trip was “Apo Apo”!!!

I’m not sure that phrase “Apo Apo” has any meaning, it’s just a funny thing to yell when the dive guys are all shouting in Indonesian.  J


Until Next Time, Sluggers!

No comments:

Post a Comment