Thursday, September 10, 2015

Meet my pet Jorunna rubescens

On the morning dive Graham found a Phylledesmium macphersonae!!!  In fact he found two.  I spent some time taking a decent picture of them.  I hope one comes out well.  The color is very cool.

I sneezed six times underwater.  My mask had so much snot in it!!!

At the end of the dive we found an enormous Jouruna rubescens.  It is the size of a pocket poodle.  Seriously.  I could put a leash on it and walk it around the neighborhood. Can you imagine?   Ha ha!!!

We keep hearing explosions underwater.  It is so loud and shakes me to my core.  We’re not sure if it is the volcano or fisherman using dynamite…or something else all together. 

Bernard showed me two Melibes on a rock.  While I was photographing them, something was tickling my arm.  I looked down and found the biggest Melibe I'd ever seen.  I sat there for the rest of the dive and tried to photograph it.  I'm not sure I got anything.  I even tried with the Go Pro.

The most awesome dive site this morning doesn’t have an official name so we all got to submit a suggestion.  I submitted Melibe Mountains.

I WON THE CONTEST!!!  The divesite is now named Melibe Mountains.  J

On the afternoon dive, I found a Paraplanocera marginata.  This is actually a flatworm, but it has itty bitty rhinophores, so I wanted to include it in my nudi count.  I didn’t since it’s officially a flatworm, but here’s a picture:



At the beginning of the night dive, we staged a scene with a drone that filmed us from above with red lights on one side and white on the other… and Graham on the surface.  Red and White is Indonesia's flag.  The film guy said he got the shot.



179 - Eubranchus sp (small with orange body and spiky cerata)
180 - Phyllodesmium macphersonae

181 - Dermatobranchus albus

182 - Thecacera picta

183 - Cuthona sp. (yellow lavendar orange cerata with white tips)

184 - Doto greenamyeri

185 - Trapania sp. 5

186 - Elysia sp. 38

187 - Jorunna rubescens
I told him to hold on while I got the leash so I could take this guy home to be my pet!

188 - Hypselodoris maculosa

189 - Glossodoris rufomarginata

190 - Stiliger ornatus

191 - Armina cf. semperi

192 - Lamellaria sp.

193 - Cuthona sp. 64

194 - Goniobranchus preciosus

195 - Dermatobranchus tuberculatus

196 - Phyllodesmium parangatum

197 - Pleurobranchaea brockii

198 - Polycera abei

199 - Cerberilla albopunctata


200 - Lomanotus sp. 2

201 - Sclerodoris rubicunda

202 - Aplysia sp. (Purpley-gray sea hare)

No comments:

Post a Comment