Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Black Magic

I am so excited.  According to my calculations, we have 7 more days of diving!!!

On the first dive, I found a bottle.  It was small and brown and inside of it was a gauzy white thing wrapped like a tootsie roll.  I assumed that there was a note inside so I swam around with it the whole dive.  When I handed it up on the boat, I was told that this was Black Magic.  The locals believe that when you have negative thoughts, you write them down and tie them up and put them in a bottle and throw them in the ocean.  So Dharma threw the bottle back... I never got to read the note inside.  Dharma said that it would be illegible anyway.  Even he cannot read Balinese writing.  OK, I hope the fact we threw it back will give me good karma!

We also found another big nudi so we took another selfie.  J

Born to be Wild (a Filipino Nature Show) interviewed Bernard today over Skype.


I don’t have a link to the actual episode but I think they filmed it from Villa Markisa!

Gabby and Ula left today.  They were such a nice couple.

My Air 2 regulator started free flowing on the night dive.  It wasn’t just a trickle, it was a pretty significant steady stream.  I disconnected my inflator hose and I was just fine.  So annoying.  We’ll try to fix it tomorrow morning.

Here are the new nudibranchs I found today:

290 - Flabellina bicolor

291 - Phyllidiopsis annae

292 - Unknown (flabellina with white body with orange rhinophores and cerata with lavender tips)

293 - Trapania toddy



294 - Unknown (white with yellow cerata and orange rhinophores)



295 - Halgerda elegans



296 - Halgerda willeyi


I believe that this one is different because there are black lines within the gold lace lines on the body.

297 - Ceratophyllidia sp. 4



298 - Siphopteron citrinum


Jim Anderson calls this one a Siphopteron tigrinum.

299 - Haminoeid sp.



300 - Kaloplocamus sp.



301 - Kaloplocamus sp. (with branching cerata)


Not sure if this one is different, but I counted it because of the branching cerata.  The previous one didn't have those.

302 - Flabellina bilas


303 - Elysia cf. trilobata



304 - Bursatella lechii


Some books have this as Bursatella lechii lechii.  

305 - Unknown (all white flabellina-like with just a little lavendar)


306 - Unknown (flabellina like with striated rhinophores see through oral tentacles, white with a bit of an orange tint colored body, cerata with lavendar culminating in a ring and then white tips)


307 - Rostanga sp. 4


This little guy has been busy laying all these egg masses.

308 - Unknown (all white flabellina with orange oral tentacles and rhinophores with white tips on rhinophores)


309     Phyllidiopsis cardinalis


310     Cyerce elegans


311     Philinopsis falciphallus



312     Diaulula sp. 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment