Sunday, September 6, 2015

Repeat Retching

Now we are near Bimi.  I still don’t feel 100% but I’m going to power through.

Neither Graham nor Christianne are diving yet.  That totally sucks.

I was able to take lots of pictures on the first dive but at the end it did the funny thing where it showed the F-stop as “- -“ and even if I turned the camera off and back on, it didn’t fix it.

I went down to my room to mess with it – everyone was too loud upstairs.  I’m not really sure what fixed it, but I took off the lens, pulled out the card and battery and after several tries it seems to be working again.  WTF!??!?!?!

I should really find out what that is when I get back to the states.

So I was feeling good but then jumped up only 15 minutes before the dive to finish servicing my housing.  And then I felt dizzy.  I had to sit down right there on the floor.  I stretched a few times but I wasn’t able to pull it together enough to even finish servicing the housing, nevermind put on my wetsuit to dive.

Maybe I got up too fast and that’s why I was so dizzy.

God Damn It.

Another dive missed.  And then as I tried to pull it together for the night dive, I was dry heaving.

So.  No night dive either.

What gives?  I hate this.

Even though I just did the morning dives, I got many new species today:
112 - Hypselodoris sp. 9

113 - Cuthona pinnifera (Vie Panyarachun stated that this is an undescribed Facelinid sp.)

114 - Goniobranchus aureopurpureus
This used to be called Chromodoris aureopurpureus.

115 - Hypselodoris sp. 7

116 - Mexichromis multituberculata

117 - Hypselodoris sagamiensis

118 - Ceratosoma tenue

119 - Dermatobranchus caeruleomaculatus

120 - Hypselodoris emma

121 - Hypselodoris nigrostriata

122 - Chelidonura livida

123 - Chelidonura varians

124 - Dendrodoris nigra

125 - Phyllidiella rudmani

126 - Phyllodesmium opalescens


Cool Corner (not new species today, but fun pictures)
Ceratosoma trilobatum with a brittle star on its flap over the gills:

Ceratosoma tenue with an imperial shrimp

1 comment:

  1. That’s not a Cuthona pinnifera but an undescribed Facelinid sp.

    ReplyDelete