Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Dolphin Disco

I woke up feeling pretty good.  It’s a beautiful day out and I’m ready for some diving.

I serviced the o-ring on my housing and made sure that everything was really clean.  Things seemed to work just fine

My dive computer showed less than 100% for the first time ever.  I’ve had it for a while, so that’s to be expected.

We did a dive today on a beautiful reef… but nobody liked the reef because it is too hard to spot the nudibranchs.  Everyone likes the muck diving and sandy rocky bottom.

This is not a new nudi, but the coolest mating shot of Thecacera pacifica.  You can see both sex organs extending into the other.  Awesome.



I found out that Martha and I are going to be roommates at Villa Markisa.  She is so great.  She’s the one who bailed me out in 2012 when neither of my credit cards would work to pay the bill. 

Over lunch I checked the moisture muncher and it is completely dry.  Ditto after the night dive.  Thank God.

We were met by a pod of dolphin on the way back from our night dive.  The skiff drivers took us in a couple special laps around to get them to play and jump.  It was so fun.  J

I was so tired at the end of the day could barely make it through dinner.

Here are the new nudis for today:
136 - Goniobranchus reticulatus

137 - Chromodoris hamiltoni

138 - Chromodoris annae

139 - Hexabranchus sanguineus (juvenile)

140 - Goniobranchus collingwoodi

141 - Mexichromis trilineata

142 - Ardeadoris angustolutea

143 - Goniobranchus sp. 5
Check out the little red things by the gills.  

144 - Dendronotus regius

145 - Oxynoe sp.1

146 - Aplysia sp. (Orange sea hare)

147 - Elysia sp. 12

I really didn't think this was a nudi but I trusted the dive guide and took pictures anyway.  It paid off - see the rhinophores!

148 - Moridilla brockii

149 - Thuridilla gracilis

150 - Cuthona sp. 28

151 - Jorunna sp. 2

152 - Aplysia parvula (Maroon with blue edges)

153 - Plocamopherus pecoso

154 - Marionia sp. 15

155 - Trapania gibbera

156 - Atagema sp. 


157 - Phyllodesmium tuberculatum
With eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment