Friday, September 18, 2015

An outside perspective

Uh oh.  This morning the flooded strobe did a flash and then shut down.  It wouldn’t turn on with a red light at all.  I tried replacing several different batteries but nothing seemed to work.  L

Then at some point after many different battery switches (and after I had given up and was removing the strobe/arm, it turned on).  Woo Hoo!

Who knows why.  I’m just glad I’m back in business with two strobes.

Today we are leaving early to go on a boat trip and do two dives.  We will have breakfast on the boat in between.  Super fun, but I hear that there are not as many nudibranchs.  I have my Go Pro charged and ready too.

Doh.  For the night dive I couldn’t get the previously flooded strobe to turn on so I took it off and just went with one strobe.

After the dive I was fiddling with it again and Martha suggested I just pull up the connection points on the lid a little.  It worked!  I guess sometimes it just takes an outside perspective.

At dinner, we talked about having a nudibrach spelling bee.  So many of these people know the latin names so well, we thought it could be fun.  Now executing it…

The new nudis I saw today are:

332 - Chromodoris sp. 1


333 - Roboastra tentaculata



334 - Glossodoris sp. 2


335 - Cuthona sp. 39


336 - Goniobranchus fidelis


337 - Miamira sinuata


338 - Philinopsis pilsbryi


339 - Elysia sp. 28


340 - Cuthona sp. 36


341 - Favorinus sp. 

(Four of them eating a big egg mass)

342 - Siphopteron brunneomarginatum
 

343 - Flabellina delicata


344 - Rostanga lutescens


345 - Thorunna florens


No comments:

Post a Comment