Friday, September 4, 2015

What's Your Poison?

So I slept in short fits of sleep and here it is 5:30am.

Fredrik, one of the guys from the video team from Sweden now lives in a Balinese village.  He got burned out working at Pitney Bowes and decided to travel around the world.  He met an Indonesian woman and now lives the “no frills” lifestyle in a Balinese village.  So interesting.

I noticed that my blue leakage light on my camera housing stopped blinking.  I looked behind the battery it seems it corroded.  Oh No!  I got the battery out and cleaned the contact well.  After popping in a new one, it seemed to work just fine again.

I took a nap over the lunch hour and got up right before the dive.  I went to get my camera ready, even put on my vest and then got soooo dizzy.  I tried to power through but had to sit down on the floor for a minute.  Then I knew I couldn’t do it.  I did the unthinkable and skipped the afternoon and night dives.  I just wasn’t feeling well and slept through dinner and then the evening.  I really hoped that these are they only two dives I will miss!

The crew gave me charcoal for my food poisoning.  I’d never heard of this.  I took three pills at night and then in the morning they gave me some that are chewable.  It tasted so gross, but anything that can get me back in the water, I will do!

So for the two morning dives, here were the new nudis I saw:

63 - Aegires sp. 7


64 - Elysia cf. tomentosa

I couldn’t find this in any of the books, so I posted this to Facebook.   Erwin Koehler said: “For a positive ID I must see the inner side of the parapodia and the body, 4 now only E. cf. tomentosa or Elysia sp. Possible”

I continue to learn.  What’s a parapodia?
Parapodia are paired, lateral appendages extending from the body segments.

Unfortunately I didn’t have any pictures of the parapodia.  L

65 - Baeolidia variabilis

I couldn’t find this in any of the books either, so I posted this to Facebook and Dave Behrens helped me identify it!

66 - Syphonota geographica


67 - Oxynoe viridis


68 - Costasiella kuroshimae (green cerata that fade to white)

This one is super cute!  I think the eyes make it look like a cartoon.

69 - Cuthona sp. (Flabellina like with white and purple polka dots on the see-thru rhinophores - yellow rings around the white cerata)



70 - Hypselodoris zephyra


71 - Jorunna sp. (Yellow nudi down in the hole of a sponge)


72 - Cuthona sp. (white wispy one with purple rings around the cerata)


73 - Cuthona sp. (white wispy one with purple rings but has orange in its cerata)


74 - Chelidonura hirundinina


75 - Hypselodoris whitei



It is eating something blue but I’m not sure exactly what it is.

76 - Noumeaella sp. 4


With eggs! Used to be Berghia sp.

No comments:

Post a Comment