Friday, December 15, 2023

Wooden Goggles

My theory is that studying Nudibranchs and keeping up with the species changes will be my way of keeping my brain active and Alzheimers at bay.


It is weird not putting a bathing suit on this morning.  I just put on regular summer clothes for the tour of the town.  Funny thing is that we can’t show our knees.  That’s pretty random.

The tour of the traditional village was interesting.  They did several ceremonies for us.  And for the last dance they asked us to join in.  I tried to keep in step, but it was a little disconcerting.  At the end they all came to touch our hands and I kinda got creeped out by it.  Then we shopped in their little market.  I finally bought the wooden goggles that the local fisherman use.  




But then I was not really into shopping anymore.  I didn’t want any of the saris.  They were all really heavy and in my opinion, pretty ugly.

We then went to the museum where we saw many of the Mokos which are special drums.  And the man has to pay the woman’s family a certain number of Mokos in order to marry her.  So weird.

Finally, we went to the market where they sold all the vegetables and some other things and it was SO HOT.  I just wanted to get out of there.  

When we got back home, all I wanted to do was shower before lunch.

Now I need to pack.

Rhome stated that one of the rooms for next year freed up!  So I might book again.  I am debating since they only have a ten night block available and I usually like to come for a longer time.

Francis put together a little slide show that we watched after dinner.  He put in his, Pirjo and mine.  Very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment