Saturday, December 16, 2023

That's a Wrap

Well, today I start my long journey home.  Alor to Kupang.  Kupang to Jakarta.  Jakarta to Tokyo.  Tokyo to Chicago.

This has been a pretty epic trip.  I think we ended up with such a good nudi count because Pirjo was here too.

Here are the stats:

233 Unique Species of Nudibranchs.  Although I went fast and made some mistakes, so once I go through everything again, this number may change.

We kept finding new nudis every day.  I think there were only a few dives where I didn’t find a new species.

I'm trying a new thing where I am keeping track of a Life List of Nudis so I can tell which ones are new for me in life.  For this trip to Alor, here are the 19 new ones:

  • Aegires exeches
  • Aldisa williamsi
  • Chromodoris sp. 12
  • Chromodoris sp. 14
  • Dendrodoris carbunculosa
  • Dermatobranchus sp. 18
  • Elysia sp. 15
  • Eubranchus sp. 17
  • Goniobranchus sinensis
  • Goniodoris sp. 6
  • Goniodoris sp. 7
  • Haminoea ovalis
  • Hypselodoris paradisa
  • Hypselodoris yarae
  • Mexichromis similaris
  • Platydoris inframaculata
  • Tenellia sp. 76
  • Thorunna australis
  • Verconia varians

I did 59 Dives bringing me to a lifetime total of 2249.

Until next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment