Friday, December 1, 2023

Snorkel = Tuba (in French)

I woke up at 3am and went to the dining area to have internet and work on my nudis.

I love to give Pirjo gifts I find underwater.  So far I have given her a rusted pair of scissors and an algae coated marble.  She never accepts them though.  I am not sure why.  I swear, the French are so rude.  Ha ha ha!  :)

One of the dogs has taken to sleeping on my chaise lounge on my patio.  Ugh.  I guess I won’t be sitting there anytime soon!  I mean I really wasn’t anyway, oh well.

I learned today at a snorkel in French is called a “tuba”.  What?!?!?!  How in the heck did I not know this?

The morning dives were like a beautiful meditation.  First Bakalang Jetty and then the Great Wall of Pantar.  Both were beautiful and warm with great visibility.  The Jetty was full of nudis and the Great Wall had just a few.  But I feel like this is my “spa”.

OMG.  I don’t know what I have had against wearing skins for so long.  On a whim, I decided to wear my whale shark skin under my 2mil wetsuit that I had such a hard time getting on yesterday.  It seriously just glided right on.  Um, I need to buy like one in every color.  Seriously, it took five minutes off of my “getting ready” time.

I jumped the house reef and followed Timo for a bit.  He took me deep where it was SO COLD.  I couldn’t take it and I left him and just came shallower, but even then I couldn’t shake the cold.

On the night dive my head was literally exploding.  Nikko was on fire and finding nudi after nudi.  I could not even keep up with him.  I am in shock!

We decided that The Grinch is a happy Krampus.

Poor Francis.  He is a retired doctor and everyone is coming to him with their aches and pains.  Earache.  Infected wound.  He is happy and smiling as he helps everyone and gives advice.  Pirjo said that when they were in the Red Sea on a liveaboard, word got out that he was a doctor and there was a queue on the pier when they returned from a week at the ocean! OMG.  Crazy.


Nudi Count

58. Nembrotha kubaryana


59. Trinchesia sp. 56


60. Goniobranchus leopardus



61. Nembrotha sp. 2



62. Goniobranchus reticulatus



63. Hypselodoris tryoni



64. Hypselodoris maculosa



65. Phyllidia varicosa



66. Unknown


Timo showed me something really little on the house reef and I swore he was teasing me and it was not a nudi... but I took a picture anyway and I actually think it might be something!  Maybe Goniodoridella sp. 8? I put Unknown but Pirjo thinks that this is Glossodoris something.

 

67. Phyllodesmium magnum


I may be wrong on this ID.


68. Chromodoris magnifica



69. Flabellina cf. rubrolineata


Although Pirjo thinks this is not the right ID


70. Eubranchus mandapamensis



71. Eubranchus sp.  



72. Eubranchus sp. 17


73. Flabellina delicata



74. Phyllodesmium briareum

... but it might just have been briareum since I couldn't find the rhinophores.


75. Godiva sp 2

Check out the split oral tentacles!!! 


76. Marionia arborescens


77. Notobryon wardi


78. Unknown


maybe Unidentia sandramillenae?

79. Dendrodoris nigra

very light colored 

80. Goniobranchus coi


81. Phyllodesmium crypticum

82. Platydoris inornata

I may have this ID wrong - Carminodoris? Pirjo thinks something else…

83. Philinopsis sp.

I might think Philinopsis gardineri but the orange smudging makes me think this is different.

84. Plocamopherus sp.  

85. Favorinus tsuruganus

I'll work on getting a better picture of this one.

86. Carminodoris flammea


87. Caryophyllidia dorid sp. 3


No comments:

Post a Comment