Thursday, December 7, 2023

Cookie Monster

I am going to start thinking of the call to prayer as the call to nudis because that is about the time I start into my process.

It was a nice calm quiet breakfast.  For a while Pirjo and I had the resort all to ourselves and were having breakfast.  I asked how she and Francis met.  Pirjo was studying in France during college (she is Finnish) and her host family was Francis’ aunt.  They had a long distance love letter romance before they got married.  Such a cute story.

I could not stop eating all the oatmeal cookies during the surface interval.  OMG.  They are so good.  Pirjo even gave me a hard time.  I skipped lunch dessert.

I was enchanted by the first dive site called School’s Out.  For some reason I barely remembered going there last year.  This little village has the steepest steps ever!  And when we surfaced, the kids were getting out of school early because it was a Friday.  There were so many of them and you could hear them chattering about their upcoming weekend.  So cute.

We tried to dive Max’s Point but it was way too rough.  We saw some huge waves crash against the rocks and saw strong current so we went back to Apuri Bay.

I found lots of nudis on the house reef but not the little blue one again.  It was hiding.

Nikko showed me his blue boat he uses to go home when he has time off.  I asked the name and he didn’t have one!  I suggested Nudiful.  I don’t think it went over well.  Ha ha.

On the night dive, Sam made the nudi sign and showed me something far off.  It was a yellow flatworm swimming.  We have to work on his hand signals.

The count goes on…

166. Dendronotus regius


167. Tambja kava


168. Elysia marginata


169. Phyllidia exquisita


170. Tritoniopsis elegans


171. Glossodoris pallida


172. Chromodoris joshi


173. Aldisa williamsi


174. Trapania palmula


175. Glossodoris hikuerensis


176. Goniodoris sp. 7


177. Moridilla sp.


178. Caloria indica


179. Eubranchus sp. 1


180. Thorunna florens


No comments:

Post a Comment