Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Baby Whale Shark

This is the very last day of diving.

In between Matap and Rhuma Biru, we found a WHALE SHARK.  It was a baby and I was able to jump in and get some Go Pro of it.

After the second dive, we found a couple of Mola Molas.  For the first one, the water was SO COLD that my Go Pro lens fogged up.  So when we encountered the second one, I just put in the Go Pro, I didn’t jump.  It turned out the water wasn’t so cold then.  We watched all the fisherman pull in their catches.  

Francis had to treat one of the boat crew today.  He caught a fish and there is a spine in his finger and he is losing feeling in it.  Ugh.

The current at the house reef was pretty rough today so I asked if I could join the afternoon boat and I did.  It was great.  I am so glad I asked.

Our last dive, the night dive was at an “exploration” dive site.  They had been there a couple of times last year and found nudis… and there was no current there, so we dove it.  I was pleasantly surprised.

At dinner, we ate this HUGE Snapper that we had seen the fisherman catch earlier in the day.  How’s that for fresh food?

The final count down…

229. Phyllidiella lizae


230. Nembrotha sp.



231. Haminoea ovalis


232. Elysia sp. 21

233. Phyllodesmium sp. 8



No comments:

Post a Comment