Monday, December 4, 2023

Snoopy Slug

 Today is the day of the Krampus.  I slept in a bit and had some breathing room in my nudi work.

We went back to the Jetty because Lisa has tried three times to go but it hasn’t worked out.  She didn’t make it this time either since she overslept.  So sad.

As I was getting ready I noticed that my histogram was on in the display.  I hate that.  I couldn’t get it to disappear so I just mentioned it to Francis.  He said to try the info button.  OMG.  That totally worked.  I have used the same settings for so long it is like I have forgotten everything else about my camera.

At the Jetty we saw mating Jorunna rubescens.  And also a cool rare Nembrotha.

At Black Rhino we saw a Trapania naeve (white with black spots).  It looks like Snoopy to me.

A huge thunderstorm rolled in as we were headed back.  I got up to grab my towel and totally fell back behind the captain.  Doh.  It’s been a long time since I’ve fallen.  I feel fine though.  Just a bruised ego.

I tried a new thing where I stayed in my bathing suit and skin in between the afternoon dive and the night dive.  I just sat on my porch and read a book. Really it isn’t different from a surface interval on the boat.

I almost lost a connector to my strobe on the night dive.  Luckily it stayed connected to the housing, but it completely became unscrewed from strobe.  I didn’t even remember that was how it was connected.  I am so glad I caught it.

The bugs were so bad at dinner.  I’m not sure why.  They haven’t been bad any other night so far.

Slugs

125. Elysia sp. 37

126. Hypselodoris nigrostriata

127. Nembrotha livingstonei

128. Flabellina exoptata

129. Hypselodoris paradisa

130. Trapania naeva

Doesn't this guy look like Snoopy?

131. Diversidoris crocea

132. Thuridilla gracilis

133. Gymnodoris citrina

134. Phestilla lugubris

135. Cadlinella ornatissima

136. Aegires sp. 3


137. Platydoris sanguinea


No comments:

Post a Comment