Sunday, December 3, 2023

Shrimp Photo Bomb

 

I got up early again and was just so happy to be here.  I love my little rituals throughout the day and how we always have diving at the center of our activities.


The first dive of the morning at Mandarin Slope was good, but we didn’t really like The Office.  We said that we would like to retire from The Office.  At the surface interval, we were at a little cove where we could snorkel a bit.  I took some Go Pro 360 footage.  When we came back, it was pouring rain.  I used the opportunity to walk back to my bungalow with it on so I could remember the rain forest jungly feel of this place.

We did an afternoon dive… so after I just jumped back in on the house reef.  I didn’t have to suit up for a fourth time which is a real bonus!  It is a pain to get that wetsuit on.  Especially when it is still wet.

I continue to find great stuff at the House Reef.  Today I found two white leaf scorpionfish and a basket star.  Did I mention the other day there was a sea crate?  I worked on some artsy shots and while I was shooting an Aegires sp. 7, this pretty shrimp just hovered nearby and photo bombed!  What?!?!?!!!




I remember one reason why I don’t like to wear my skin.  It is a front zip.  So it takes another person to get my shoulders off.  Ugh.  I like to be independent.  Maybe I can find one that back zips.  When I looked at the SlipIns site all the other patterns were kinda ugly anyway.

Today’s List

108. Phyllidiopsis pipeki

109. Phyllidia elegans

110. Phyllidia sp. 2

111. Phyllidiopsis annae

112. Thorunna australis

113. Ceratosoma sp. 1

114. Phyllodesmium colemani

115. Phyllodesmium cf. opalescens

116. Mexichromis similaris

117. Haminoea sp. 2

118. Nembrotha cristata

119. Dermatobranchus striatus

120. Petalifera ramosa

121. Phyllodesmium parangatum

122. Jorunna parva


123. Phyllodesmium crypticum
<coming soon>

124. Philinopsis sp.


No comments:

Post a Comment