Sunday, December 10, 2023

Tank Banger

I am so glad that I still feel good and our nudi count is strong.  I will continue to dive four dives a day!  I won’t dive on my last day though, we are going to a tour of the town… which I don’t believe I have ever done before!

The bird songs here are very pretty.  I wish I could also be a birder.  I just don’t think my distance eyesight is good enough.  

The first two dives were a little slow but that is OK because my camera was still having issues.

At the end of the first dive we surfaced and could not find the boat anywhere.  We are just along the shore and there is a little town, so we were not worried but it was weird.  It turns out that the boat crew left the ladder and when they realized it, they motored back to the resort to get it and came back for us.  Thank God!  I would not want to try to get in that boat without a ladder.

Rhome’s brother Viennae joined us for lunch.  I remember him from last year and when everyone watched the world cup at the wee hours of the morning.

I swapped camera 2 for camera 1 in hopes that I won’t have a flash issue where the strobes don’t fire.

I tested this out during the afternoon dive.  Camera 1 is working perfectly.  Thank God I bring an extra one!

During the Night Dive, I actually found a nudi that I didn’t want Pirjo to miss out on.  She and Nikko were pretty far away, so I banged my tank and waved my light.  Normally, I am NOT a tank banger, but this Dendrodoris denisoni deserved it!

At dinner I researched a question I was trying to figure out.  What is deadlier?  A Sea Krait or a  Blue Ring Octopus?  Turns out it is the Sea Krait.  

This list is getting really long - close to last year!

202. Goniobranchus sinensis


203. Mexichromis cf. similaris


204. Aegires sp. 2


205. Philinopsis speciosa


206. Thorunna daniellae


207. Unknown


208. Samla bilas


209. Tenellia sp. 76


210. Trinchesia sp.

Marli Wakeling said: I think it is a Trinchesia sp., but I cannot find a match, sorry.

211. Dendrodoris denisoni


212. Tenellia sp. 28



No comments:

Post a Comment