Saturday, December 9, 2023

Flash Fail

Today we have to dive without Nikko.  It is his day off.  We dove with Sam instead.  He is a good guy and decent spotter, but nothing like Nikko.

We saw two turtles on the first dive.  On the second dive I saw an octopus and we saw a strange cream colored sea snake at the end.

Three guests left and two new ones arrived.  As Lisa was leaving she said that she would be interested in Slugfest and so is Rhome.  I’ll keep them in mind whenever the next one is.  I think 2025?

Everyone is singing Christmas Carols, especially Max.  He sees himself as Louie Armstrong.

I asked about availability for next year and they are fully booked for December, so I think I will need to pick a new place for 2024 Holidays.

I had a great afternoon dive and found some new stuff on the house reef, but my camera started doing this funny thing where it wasn’t firing the strobe every time.  It still takes a picture but it is almost black and this little red icon shows in the top left hand side of the monitor.  I did a little research to figure out what is going on, but I don’t have any answers.  Maybe the flash on the camera is getting old and it cannot recycle fast enough?  If it keeps happening, I will switch to the other body I have.

I also have been coming to the house reef so often that the cleaner wrasse are trying to clean me.  One was hanging around me through the first half of the dive.  I’m not sure if it is because the hovering position I am in or if it is because I am REALLY dirty and need to be cleaned.

Sam redeemed himself on the night dive.  We saw a LOT of stuff.  My favorite was a Gymnodoris that had a big smile on its face.  I was obsessed and stayed a little bit too long and hit some deco, so I had to go shallower than the group for a while.  Pirjo thought I just got frustrated and had to get away from everyone for a bit.  Ha.  That might have been true in some instances, but it was not the case this time.


Quietly Queuing

191. Dermatobranchus fortunatus


192. Tambja sp. 3


193. Marionia sp. 1


194. Hypselodoris decorata


195. Nembrotha sp. 1


196. Dermatobranchus cf. albus


197. Melibe engeli


198. Elysia pusilla


199. Gymnodoris ceylonica


200. Dendrodoris guttata


201. Phyllodesmium cf. magnum

No comments:

Post a Comment