Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Penis Fencing Flatworms

I woke up and there was no power.  The generator did not kick in.  What I don’t understand is that the Mosques still were able to project the call to prayer!  Maybe they have their own generators?

Well, nudis wait for no one.  I still worked on them in the dark.  At some point in the morning, the power came back on.

I have officially been here one week.  The lunches and dinners are repeating now.  I don’t mind, they are so delicious.

On the way to the first dive we encountered an ENORMOUS pod of melon head dolphin.  We spent some time with them and I took some Go Pro 360 video.

We had an all girl boat with Pirjot, Lisa, the snorkeler from Hong Kong and me.  I contemplated… SCUBA is the only activity where you don’t have to pause to pee.  There really isn’t anything else where that is acceptable.

The first two dives were beautiful, but the nudi count was slow.  We had some current on the second dive.

When the meal is described at the end the girls say “Enjoy!” and we have taken to saying it with her.

We had THE BEST oatmeal cookies at lunch.  I am obsessed.

On the house reef I found a cute little blue nudi that was soooo tiny.  Pirjo knew immediately… the Doris pectin.

The night dive was on fire again.  We found a lot of nudis, but I am not sure how many of them are new.  We also saw two flatworms aggressively penis fencing!  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn3xluIRh1Y

Keeping ‘em coming…

155. Reticulidia fungia

156. Phyllidia babai


157. Phyllidiella annulata


158. Phyllidia coelestis



159. Doris pectin



160. Unidentia sandramillenae


161. Trapania aurata


162. Melibe sp. 1


163. Plocamopherus sp. 2


164. Facelinid sp. 2


165. Platydoris inframaculata



No comments:

Post a Comment