Tuesday, March 12, 2024

That's a Wrap

Well, today is the last day of diving.  Just two dives this morning.

On the first dive of the morning, I got to sit with the biggest Melibe virdis.  I studied it and watched it eat.  Whoa.  I stayed there so long that a pipefish decided to hide in my camera arms.  It was so cute I took a video.

On the second dive I found some additional interesting slugs I hadn’t seen yet on this trip.

Chris, John and I had our picture taken on the boat:


We had a last night party where there was a big Filippino meal and then we had the slide show.  I just slipped away back to my cabin after.  I was so tired.



Here are the slugs for the last day:

161 - Okenia kendi


162 - Hypselodoris whitei


163 - Goniobranchus rufomaculatus


164 - Mexichromis mariei

Well, I am grateful that I was still able to take some pictures, but I certainly know it is time for a new camera setup.

I saw many nudibranchs on this trip I had never seen before in my life.  That is super exciting.  I’ll try to compile that list.

Here is the graph of the Nudis found in Anilao:

I am trying a new thing where I am keeping a Life List of Nudis and all the ones I've ever seen.  That way each trip I can say which ones were new in life for me.  For this trip to Anilao, there are 18 new ones:

  • Ardeadoris averni
  • Armina scotti
  • Atagema sp. 13
  • Chromodoris sp. 2
  • Doriprismatica sp. 3
  • Doris sp. 8
  • Elysia cf. degeneri
  • Elysia sp. 18
  • Ercolania endophytophaga
  • Eubranchus sp. 23
  • Goniobranchus sp. 42
  • Hallaxa iju
  • Jorunna sp. 3
  • Melibe megaceras
  • Phyllodesmium kabiranum
  • Polybranchia jensenae
  • Thecacera sp. 11
  • Thorunna sp. 6

I did 66 dives on this trip bringing me to 2,315 lifetime dives.

Until next time…


No comments:

Post a Comment