Thursday, March 7, 2024

2300 and Climbing

I still don’t feel 100% but there is NO DOUBT I am totally diving today.  We are going to the pier tonight.  I switched back to the “blackout camera”.  If I get totally frustrated with it, I’ll go try to use the other housing.

We went to Kirby again and then dove the wreck.  I think Kirby is my FAVORITE dive site here.  There is this one overhang area where there is always like 10 different species and today we found eggs on eggs.  That is Favorinus tsurangus eggs laid on the eggs of the Hexabranchus sanguineus.  So cool.


I hit dive 2300 today.

I learned that the red light is good for getting the octopus eyes to stay open.  I tried it on the night dive tonight and it worked!

We dove at the town pier and I got separated from my group like right away… but it was fine.  I really enjoying myself.  There was some intermittent boredom but overall I liked it.

Oh, and some people are doing Blackwater Dives.  They are supposed to be finding those small larval stage critters.  But last night they rolled in on a whale shark!  And tonight on a mola mola. Ha.  

I would like to do it too, but I know I will be so frustrated with my camera.  I’ll do it next time when I am back and have a camera that can handle it.

Here are the new slugs…

108 - Ceratosoma tenue


109 - Hypselodoris iacula


110 - Discodoris boholiensis


111 - Goniobranchus coi


112 - Tergiposacca longicerata


113 - Hypselodoris emma


114 - Thorunna sp. 6


115 - Doriprismatica sp. 3


116 - Verconia sp.


117 - Goniobranchus sp. 42


118 - Philinopsis lineolata


No comments:

Post a Comment