Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Selfie-Fest

This is a pretty nice little resort.  I have my own room which looks out to a pool and a little black beach.  The camera room is spacious and I have a spot that overlooks the ocean lagoon.  There are lots of cushioned seats everywhere and tons of table space so I can choose to be around people and chat or sit by myself with my computer.

This resort only does three dives a day and charges a little more for night dives (and at least two people have to sign up in order to go).  I’m going to see if I can get a few organized.

I wore my old wetsuit on the first two dives and then attempted to break in my new wetsuit on the third dive.  It was tough but I did it (finally).

The people here are very nice.  Mostly older folks.  Several are doctors and a dentist.  It’s a fairly international crowd.

The diving is muck diving.  I love looking for the crazy critters and especially nudis.  On the first day, I photographed 14 which isn’t too bad since I’m the only brancher here.

1 - Pteriolidia semperi
Since this one is so boring, I'm showing a shot with eggs.

2 - Trapania toddi


3 - Melibe viridis


4 - Trapania aurata


5 - Hypselodoris infucata

See the parasite in the gills and the juvenile down at the base?

6 - Flabellina rubrolineata


7 - Phyllidia ocellata


8 - Coryphellina sp.

Gah!  Why can't I remember which one this is!?!?!

9 - Rostanga sp. 9

If you look closely at the front, you can see two little rhinophores.

10 - Hypselodoris nigrostriata


11 - Cratena simba

12 - Phyllodesmium tuberculatum


13 - Cuthona sp. 18

14 - Costasiella kuroshimae



I also did some of my infamous selfies!

Me and my wonderpuss.

Just a little cuttle-ing.

I hear you gotta kiss a lotta frogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment