Monday, November 27, 2017

Eruption

There is some bird here that sings like “His Boy Elroy”.  It makes me want to watch an episode of The Jetsons.

Ed sat out from diving all day.  He says he’s not feeling well, but Elisa thinks it might be because his camera isn’t really working.  Also, Dennis didn’t dive today.  He has an ear infection and he has some kind of a big sting on his forehead.  I would hate to miss any diving on a big trip like this.

Today, the volcano in Bali erupted.  It’s messing with a lot of people’s travel plans, but other than an interesting news item, it’s not really changing anything for us.

I bought a neoprene mask strap from NAD thinking I would like it better.  It attaches with Velcro so there isn’t really much give.  I found out I actually don’t like it as much as the straps.  While we are at it, it turns out the crickets are eating the silicone of the skirt of my mask.  Isn’t that weird?  I pointed it out to the boat crew and they told me to just leave it in the rinse tank overnight instead.

Nando is a really good spotter of nudis.  I like diving with him.  He has also gotten to know my routine… what wetsuit I wear when, what I do first, second, third as I get ready to roll in.  It’s like having a personal dive buddy.

106 - Notodoris minor

107 - Antonietta sp. 

108 - Phyllidiopsis shireenae

109 - “Taringa” halgerda

110 - Miamira alleni
These two were mating!

111 - Sagaminopteron psychedelicum

112 - Thuridilla lineolata

113 - Unknown (yellow with "wrapped" rhinophores like a Lomanotus or Crosslandia but there are gills)

114 - Eubranchus sp. 6

115 - Hypselodoris whitei

116 - Goniodoridella sp. 5

117 - Thorunna daniellae

118 - Noumeaella sp. 8

No comments:

Post a Comment