Saturday, November 25, 2017

Remain Curious (but take a nap every once in a while)

The two morning dives were awesome, but the first dive it got a little cold (to 79 degrees).  We found lots and lots of things.

A guy named Dennis from Germany switched from his boat to ours.  He comes to Indonesia a lot and likes to take lots of photos.  However, he doesn't name his subjects nor does he edit or do much to them before he goes home.  

I read by the pool after the third dive and then took a nap.  I didn’t wake up until after 8pm.  The staff tried to wake me twice I guess but I didn’t hear them.  Luckily dinner was still on, but I was really out of it.

I'm reading "Gulp.  Adventures on the Alimentary Canal" by Mary Roach.  She is a fun writer.  I found this book on the shelf here so I'm going to try to finish it before I leave and give it back.  I also have "Bonk" on my Kindle.  I think I like her stuff because she is curious.  That's part of my motto:
Remain curious, neutrally buoyant and remember to turn things over.

Nudis for today:

68 - Glossodoris pallida

69 - Chromodoris burni

70 - Phyllidia exquisita

Check out the little flabellina hitchhiker!

71 - Eubranchus sp. 

72 - Eubranchus mandapamensis

73 - Nembrotha kubaryana

74 - Thorunna furtiva

75 - Thecacera sp (clear with both orange and black spots)

76 - Thecacera picta

77 - Goniobranchus hintuanensis

78 - Lobiger sp. 1

79 - Sclerodoris tuberculata

80 - Mexichromis multituberculata

81 - Unknown (Phyllidiopsis of some kind maybe - very small with white rhinophores)

82 - Goniobranchus leopardus

83 - Aegires sp. 8

84 - Unknown (maybe a Miamira of some sort?)
I know, worst picture ever.  It was at the end of the dive... I was almost out of air and I was fighting my new wetsuit.


No comments:

Post a Comment