Wednesday, November 22, 2017

It's like Dracula, with an I

This resort is unique in that they only have two divers per dive guide.  I’ve been buddied up with Catherine so far.

But I got all to myself today since Elysa’s husband chose not to dive and she buddied up with Catherine.

The new wetsuit is getting better, but I still didn’t love it.

I did four dives and by the night dive I was so grumpy, I didn’t do my best work.  I kept thinking there was nothing to see but when I looked at my photos, there was plenty.  I just didn’t slow down enough to photograph it well. 

At dinner, Tony from Finland asked me to ID some of his nudis.  I was so tired, I didn’t think it was a good idea… but I told him to pick three pictures and we made a bet out of it.  If I could ID all three, then I won something from them.  We settled on some Finnish bubble gum.  If I failed to get one of them off the top of my head, I’d have to French braid his wife Maria’s hair for diving the next day.

You know, I got stumped.  Even looking through the book!  He had a really nice shot of the Hypseldoris iacula.  (you know, like Dracula with an I).  I swear it looked better than the one in the book.  OK, the hunt is on for it!

15 - Marionia sp. 4

16 - Phyllodesmium pinnatum

17 - Phyllidiopsis annae

18 - Hypselodoris maculosa

19 - Phyllidiella pustulosa

20 - Hypselodoris emma

21 - Hypselodoris tryoni

22 - Caloria indica

23 - Elysia sp. (tiny lavender)

24 - Chromodoris annae

25 - Chromodoris strigata

26 - Chromodoris magnifica

27 - Thuridilla albopustulosa

28 - Phyllodesmium poindimiei

29 - Phyllodesmium briareum

30 - Mexichromis trilineata

31 - Phyllidia varicosa

32 - Elysia marginata

33 - Phyllodesmium opalescens

34 - Ceratosoma tenue

35 - Phyllodesmium sp. 1

36 - Nembrotha sp. 1

37 - Goniobranchus fidelis


38 - Goniobranchus coi

39 - Mexichromis mariei


40 - Nembrotha chamberlaini

41 - Marionia rubra



No comments:

Post a Comment