Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Artsy Fartsy

It’s incredible how many of the divers here are return divers.  Some of them have been here like seven times.  And one older couple is staying for three months.  The wife is going to turn 79 while she is here.  My hero!

On the first dive, Nando got a little artsy on me.  He backlit a goby on a tunicate.  So cool!  


Then he did the “sun” effect.  

We also did it with a Roboastra gracilis.  Not that nudis need any special effects to be beautiful, but this was super awesome.


At the end of the first dive I also encountered my first (and probably only) turtle on this trip.  Then I saw a big dense school of catfish.  So fun.

On the afternoon dive we found a cuttlefish eating a mantis shrimp.  I did an ok job of getting a shot of it, but I feel I could have done MUCH better! 


My nudi count continues to climb at a pretty steep pace.  Usually by now, things flatten out.  Loving Lembeh!

132 - Gymnodoris inornata

133 - Phyllodesmium macphersonae
I'd love to find out exactly who this was named after.

134 - Sagaminopteron bilealbum

135 - Dermatobranchus albus

136 - Dermatobranchus fortunatus

137 - Tritoniopsis elegans

138 - Cratena lineata

139 - Cuthona sp. 65

140 - Hypselodoris maritima

141 - Chelidonura amoena

142 - Goniobranchus preciosus

143 - Trapania sp. 9

144 - Goniobranchus sp. 3

145 - Chromodoris hamiltoni


No comments:

Post a Comment