Sunday, February 25, 2024

Three's Company

It seems so quiet here now that the group of Japanese divers have left.  Piera collects sand from all the places she has traveled.  She went on a mission to find some but all she found was mud.  So, she asked me to bring her back some from the dive this morning.  She gave me a little container but I asked Erap to collect and carry it.  We even did the dive site called Sandy Slope.  So when we got back I told her it was fresh sand from Sandy Slope.  She was so excited to have it and she gave me some of her leftover nescafe coffee in return.

The morning dives were ok.  There were four of us.  The other three were from Switzerland.  I got few new ones, but not too many.

There were seven yachts moored up in the area.  I wonder what was going on there.

I took a nap right after lunch and wasn’t really feeling it, but I pulled myself together and went.  I am so glad I did.

The afternoon dive was at Bang-on 1.  Erap calls it Bang-on 1, The Only.  Yes.  It did not disappoint.  He found two Melibe colemani and one Melibe engeli.  He helped me set up my shots and I adjusted my strobe and f-stop.  I am getting more willing to try different settings.  I also got many new big nudis that I did not have on my list yet.  Whoa.  I would go back to this dive site any day.

My camera did do the blackout thing several times on the dive but it still seems that turning the camera off and back on seems to do the trick.

On the night dive (Bang-on 3), we saw the biggest Marionia ever.  Whoa, was I blown away!

I also found a new-to-me nudi.  The Goniobranchus rubrocornutus.  The Corn Nut Nudi!  Yes, please!

Oh yeah, we also found THREE pygmy seahorses together... they are infamous for not looking at the camera.  This was the best I could do.


The species count keeps growing.

87 - Godiva sp. 2


88 - Dermatobranchus sp. 8

89 - Pteraeolidia semperi


90 - Phyllodesmium rudmani


91 - Atagema sp. 2


92 - Coriocella hibyae


93 - Favorinus tsuruganus


94 - Chromodoris magnifica



95 - Chromodoris sp. 7


96 - Tenellia sp. 71


97 - Murphydoris cf. maracabranchia


98 - Phylldia cf. ocellata


99 - Phyllodesmium jakobsenae


100 - Trapania palmula


101 - Phyllodesmium poindimiei


102 - Tritonopsis alba


103 - Goniobranchus rufomaculatus


104 - Marionia arborescens


105 - Goniobranchus rubrocornutus


This is the Corn Nut Nudi!

106 - Marionia sp. 2


107 - Pleurobranchus grandis



108 - Phyllodesmium magnum



No comments:

Post a Comment