Thursday, February 22, 2024

And especially UNDER water

Despite dogs barking randomly in the middle of the night, I slept pretty well.  I finally get to go diving today.  A full week after I logged off from work.  Most Americans would have called one week off a vacation.  I just arrived at my destination.

This is one of those countries where the plumbing isn’t great.  So we can’t flush the toilet paper.  It goes in a little bin on the side.

I am powering through my book, The Bee Sting.  At first it was ok.  It was told from the daughter’s point of view and the prose was well written.  Then it went to the brother’s point of view with misspelled text messages, etc.  Now I am in the vapid mother’s point of view and there is no punctuation and it is all over the map.  I get it, that this is supposed to be in her mind and how it works but I am not enjoying it as a reader.  I read some online reviews and people said that this is the longest part.  Ugh.

I started watching Yellowstone.  Finally.

I love to be in on around and especially Under water.  Today is the day.  Yes.

I tried some ginger tea during the surface interval.  It was ok.  I love ginger, but there is something about tea that I don’t love.

I came up feeling a little nauseous from the second dive.  I am drinking a lot of water and plan on having a banana for lunch.  I tried a bit of a hamburger, but I mostly just ate the greens and the bun.

I was the only diver for the afternoon and the night dive.  At dinner, I sat with an Italian woman, Piera who is traveling alone and was on my first two dives.  She skipped the second two because her ears were hurting her.  We had delicious mussles that were pretty messy and some good pasta.  Dessert was a fruit cup which I was glad to have.

I was sooo tired by the time I crawled into bed.

It was a pretty spectacular day for nudis.  I am so glad to be diving.

1 - Thecacera picta


2 - Dermatobranchus funiculus


3 - Hypselodoris reidi


4 - Doto ussi


5 - Plakobranchus ocellatus

6 - Halgerda batangas



7 - Goniodoridella savignyi

8 - Doriprismatica balut

9 - Thuridilla gracilis

10 - Chromodoris colemani

11 - Sagaminopteron psychedelicum


12 - Miamira sinuata


13 - Chromodoris annae

14 - Okenia brunneomaculata

15 - Goniobranchus reticulatus

16 - Mariaglaja inornata

17 - Melibe digita

18 - Sagaminopteron nigropunctatum

This may be Sagaminopteron sp. 2 instead.

19 - Nembrotha sp. 5

20 - Goniobranchus kuniei

21 - Aegires villosus

22 - Sagaminopteron bilealbum

23 - Miamira miamirana

24 - Cyerce nigra


25 - Glossodoris acosti


26 - Elysia marginata


27 - Chelidonura amoena



28 - Chromodoris michaeli


29 - Aegires sp. 7

30 - Gymnodoris sp. 29

31 - Favorinus mirabilis

32 - Cyerce cf. bourbonica

Kati reminded me that they don't have the true bourbonica here.

33 - Phyllodesmium koehleri


34 - Nembrotha lineolata

35 - Marionia sp. 13



No comments:

Post a Comment