Monday, February 26, 2024

Camera Swap

They had fried banana for breakfast today.  OMG. It is sooooo good!!!  My favorite here in the Philippines.  I stole a couple for an afternoon snack.

Kati joined me for breakfast.  She is thinking about joining me for the night dive.  Yay!  We talked nudibranchs for a bit. 

There is a group of young Thai divers here now.  And also a female Chinese diver traveling alone.

OK, so it happened.  The whole blackout thing with the camera is driving me insane.  I need to try to fix it.  I came up with a whole list of options on my dive on what to do.  Then I messaged Mike to get some camera counseling.  He sent me this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7jXUBl41LU

It sounds like it will fix the EXACT problem I am having.

I tried it and then rest all my basic stuff… let’s see if this works on the third dive.  There is another female diver with us from China traveling alone.

It didn’t work.

That’s it.  I am switching back to the other camera body.  That one has an issue with the flash, but maybe it won’t rear its ugly head.

No dice.  The other camera works, it just often doesn’t fire the flash and therefore the strobes do not go off.  No rhyme or reason why.  Ugh.  I wonder if THAT can be fixed by the hard reboot.  I will try.

Kati did not join me on the night dive.  

I did a little Pros/Cons list to figure out which broken camera to carry.  I cannot believe it has come to this.

Camera                 Problem                                 Pros                                                     Cons

Camera PAM #1 Blackout happens frequently Don’t have to scrap all the dark photo     Left thumb has to go off/on to reset and Last setting doesn’t seem to save

Camera PAM #2 Flash doesn’t always go off Don’t have to manually change anything   When editing have to delete a ton of dark photos

For now, I'm carrying #2.

OMG.  I feel like I am in an abusive relationship with my camera(s).  I get the shot all set up perfectly and then it doesn’t fire.  WTF?

The list

109 - Chromodoris strigata



110 - Phyllidia sp. 2

111 - Phyllidia elegans

112 - Phyllidiella lizae

113 - Jorunna sp. 6

114 - Elysia sp.


115 - Hypselodoris skyleri


116 - Chromodoris cf. strigata


117 - Jorunna sp. 9


118 - Coryphellina sp.


119 - Odontoglaja guamensis

120 - Nembrotha cf. sp. 5

121 - Marionia sp. 4

1
22 - Aplysia parvula (brown)


No comments:

Post a Comment