Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Cuttlefish Pop

I’m feeling so bummed that I can’t be as into my photography as I want to.  I need to make it through this trip without falling apart and then decide for the next trip if I want to try to get another camera body or if I scrap it and get a whole new setup.

Uh oh, Erap has some congestion.  He still led the first two dives but is not going to guide the afternoon/evening dives.  Since Shen, the Chinese diver wants to go on these dives too, they are going to find a different guide (same boat).

My green Tevas are falling apart.  They are really old so I don’t mind… but I want them to hold together until I am done diving in Anilao.

Bobby was my guide for the afternoon and evening dives.  He found some squid (his words - I actually think they were cuttlefish) still in their eggs and I got to see one hatch!  Of course, I wasn’t ready with my camera so I missed it!  I did get some video of the seconds old newborn cuttlefish and the egg casing.




And Bobby showed me another one with the cuttlefish still in it.

Here’s the list…

123 - Okenia liklik


124 - Phyllidiopsis fissurata


125 - Hypselodoris decorata


126 - Tenellia sp. 11


127 - Goniobranchus leopardus


128 - Phyllidiella annulata


129 - Phestilla minor


130 - Phyllidiopsis pipeki


131 - Pleurobranchus peronii


It was so big and there were too many bugs in the water, so I did an artsy shot of just the rhinophores.

132 - Pleurobranchus forskalii

It was so big and there were too many bugs in the water, so I did an artsy shot of just the rhinophores.

133 - Elysia sp. 24


No comments:

Post a Comment