Monday, March 5, 2018

Going Dark

I can’t believe it’s been a week already.  I feel like I just got started and found my groove.

Ugh.  The regular gal wasn’t here in the morning to turn on the wifi.  Mike showed me how for later in the week.  Yay!

Mike has a technique where he likes to have the critter/nudi against an all black background.  I call it “going dark”.  

On the first dive, I tried it with Josh:


On the second dive, I tried it with Chromodoris annae:


Also, Glenn pointed out a nudi in an urchin.  I took a few shots and then the urchin started floating away in the current.  I grabbed it to bring it back and I got stung.  Damn that hurts so much!!!  It only lasts a few minutes but whoa.

Then after it subsided I thought… that felt sorta good… maybe I should do it again.  Ha.  What’s with that?

Later on the boat, I told the story to Mike and without prompting, he said exactly the SAME THING.  Um…

Ugh.  Now I had issues with my battery.  It died on the afternoon dive and then a different one died on the evening dive.  Was my charger frying my batteries out?  I thought the whole dive about how bad the rest of the trip will be without a camera.  Oh No!

I whined and complained to Mike about it and he thinks that the recent “brown outs” might have been the problem.  He suggested just unplugging everything and putting it back in.

Upon closer inspection, I think I pulled out the charger last night (for the heated vest) that I put both batteries in today.  I am such a loser.

I swore that when I put the batteries into the charger though that the orange light came on.  Gah!

Well, hopefully tomorrow is a much more fruitful day.

Although I had all the battery problems, I still did a good job on the species count.

109 - Flabellina delicata

110 - Micromelo undatus

111 - Tenellia sp. 37

112 - Unknown (Nudi Council thinks that this may be the Flabellina rubrolineata with smooth rhinophores)

113 - Verconia alboannulata

114 - Tenellia sp. 44

115 - Tenellia sp. 2

116 - Tenellia sp. D

117 - Noumeaella rehderi

118 - Hypselodoris infucata

119 - Tenellia sp. 70

120 - Doto sp. 1

121 - Okenia sp. 4

122 - Eubranchus sp. 25

123 - Philinopsis pilsbryi

124 - Phyllodesmium koehleri

125 - Phyllodesmium magnum


No comments:

Post a Comment