Saturday, March 10, 2018

Ferry Fun

Today we got to sleep in.  We didn’t leave for Romblon until after lunch.

Due to scheduling conflicts, Jim wasn’t able to come to Romblon with us.  So it is me, Anouk, Pirjo and Francis.  Mike put me in charge of the wrangling (making sure all the bags got on to the ferry at the Batangas Pier and that the porter gets paid correctly.)

We got the first class cabin, but it was just so awful!  We had bunk beds and the luggage was right by us.  We had to go to the second class cabin to use a bathroom.  I found out later that there was also an economy class toward the bow of the boat that had beds and a roof but no walls, people were exposed to the elements.  There were no meals, just snacks you could buy at the stern of the ferry.

As we boarded in a tizzy, I heard cheep cheep like little chicks and I looked down at these crates.  There must have been 1,000 little chicks on the boat.  I couldn’t believe it!




We had to overnight on the ferry…6pm until 8am.  I have to say, I slept like a rock.  It was not a problem for me.  I love the rocking of the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment