Wednesday, May 24, 2017

They say it's your Birthday!!!

It’s Pirjot’s birthday today!  She is 64, so she doesn’t want us to sing Happy Birthday, she wants us to sing “When I’m 64 from the Beatles”.  I need to look up the lyrics.  She has an incredible life and looks amazing!

Today, Jim and Dave were much more positive with the group about finding nudis.  Instead of “the lashings”, they talked about just having fun and if that included giving nudibranch species counts, they wanted them for the book!

Mike’s cool thumb drive was found!  He was so happy!  He uses this for people to put their pictures on and get feedback… either on identification or photography.

Catherine tried to translate Jim from Scottish to English…  I thought it was hilarious, but it got cut off pretty quickly.

Catherine works for State Farm.  I asked her if she knew Jake.  You know, from State Farm.  Ha ha!

Another one of the guests Jody has these incredible tattoo “sleeves” on her calves (so would that be a tattoo “legging”?) that are of underwater animals.  I commented on them and she told me that they are all from pictures she took.

On the way to the boat, Dave lost his balance and fell in some shallow water.  Which isn’t great since his back has been giving him some problems.  He’s a trouper though and got right on to the boat to dive.  Then he lost his macro lens during the first dive.  He also got completely lost from the group and swam to the other side of the channel where another boat helped him out.  To top it all off, some stinging hydroids really did a number on his left hand and he had some sort of cream on it at dinner.  Poor guy.  He decided to take the afternoon and evening dive off.  I don’t blame him.

On the second dive, a glove came floating down in front of me on my safety stop.  It was Chad’s.

As we were coming back from the afternoon dive, the seas were really rough!  We had already planned on doing the house reef.  As it turned out, this was a really smart choice!

I found two Otinodoris sp. 1!  They were totally camouflaged but I saw them.  Then I had the dilemma.  Since I was all alone, I had nobody to show them to.  So I left a light on next to them and then swam back a little and flashed my other light.  Glenn swam over and was excited and went to get Pirot.  She was excited to and I sang Happy Birthday to her underwater.

The weather was so bad that a couple of the other boats had to come ashore at another resort and they bussed them back.  That’s pretty terrible!

Then I heard that someone on one of the other (testosterone filled) boats had 17 mins of deco time.  I won’t say who…

The kitchen made a great Nudibranch birthday cake for Pirjot.  It was art!


As I was working on my photos for the evening, suddenly Scottish music started playing and Jim started dancing.  Then Chad joined him.  So damn funny.  I wish I had gotten a video of that!

99 - Chromodoris elisabethina

100 - Paradoris sp. 10
101 - Chromodoris joshi
 
102 - Doriprismatica paladentata

103 - Goniodoridella savignyi

104 - Tenellia sp. 12

105 - Facelina sp. 4

106 - Cadlinella ornatissima

107 - Goniobranchus sp. 5

108 - Berthellina delicata

109 - Hypselodoris infucata

110 - Goniobranchus verrieri

111 - Phyllidiella granulata

112 - Ceratosoma gracillimum

113 - Atagema sp. A

114 - Melibe colemani

115 - Phyllodesmium lizardense

116 - Otinodoris sp. 1
I found two of these on my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment