Monday, May 22, 2017

Ninety Minute Norm

I couldn’t sleep in much past 3:30am so I just stopped fighting it and got up to work on my photos.

At 6am I experienced my first EARTHQUAKE tremble here.  Whoa.  It was so amazing.  We just jimmied a little bit but it was DEFINITELY noticeable.  Pretty cool.

We’ve been doing 90 minute dives!  Any diver will tell you that 60 minutes is about the norm, so 90 is awesome... If I do that for all four dives, that 6 hours/day underwater.  :)

Jim started the trending of nudibranch counts and showed that this year was way behind last year.  Mike told everyone “Let the lashings begin until the numbers improve”… but not everyone here is a nudibrancher, so they didn’t take it well.

I couldn’t bring myself to put on the new wetsuit again.  It’s just too much work!  The night dive was kindof boring… and I actually got a little cold!

I stole all the coconut macaroon cupcakes from the desert table after dinner.  They are just so good!  (I did eventually put them back.)

Nudis:

50 - Glossodoris pallida
51 - Polycera sp. 3

52 - Phyllidia ocellata

53 - Chromodoris dianae

54 - Hypselodoris maculosa

55 - Hypselodoris krakatoa

56 - Phyllidia polkadotsa

57 - Verconia romeri

58 - Caloria sp. 4

59 - Tenellia baconus
Ha ha.  OK, yes, I named it baconus.  But in my defense, Nudi Council said that this one is not described yet.  So Jim said I got to give it a name....  thus BACON!!!

60 - Diversidoris crocea

61 - Halgerda tesssellata

62 - Favorinus japonicus

63 - Chelidonura amoena

64 - Phyllidiopsis annae

65 - Thecacera picta

66 - Hypselodoris sp. 20

67 - Phyllodesmium poindimiei


68 - Verconia alboannulata

69 - Glossodoris rufomarginata

70 - Chromodoris willani

71 - Nembrotha milleri
The guy whom this nudibranch is named after is diving with us this week!!!

72 - Nembrotha kubaryana

73 - Dendronotus regius

74 - Thuridilla albopustulosa

75 - Phyllidia varicosa

76 - Flabellina exoptata

77 - Nembrotha cristata

78 - Hypselodoris nigrostriata

79 - Doto sp. 5

80 - Tenellia sp. 13

81 - Carminodoris flammea

No comments:

Post a Comment