Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Tenellia baconus

I have resorted to using liquid bandaids on my ankles.  My full foot fins are rubbing against them and there is no way regular bandaids would stay on.

We had BACON for breakfast.  I pulled out my laptop and showed everyone when I was on the Today Show at Baconfest.  Then I took a slug to Nudi Council and we know that it’s a Tenellia, but it was not in the book. Jim said I could “name it” (for his book anyway).  I put down Tenellia baconus.  We’ll see if that sticks.  J



Mike has this really cool thumb drive that people are supposed to put their photos on…. and it disappeared.  He was so sad!!

They swapped Rob for Chad on our boat… and Jim joined us today.

We learned about hypodermic fertilization in the afternoon presentation!  That’s where one nudibranch just punctures a hole anywhere on the body of the other one and deposits the sperm.  Then it just has to find its way to the eggs.  What!?!?!

Then in some species, the larger one eats the smaller one after copulation.  Those crazy slugs!

At dinner, none of the food seemed appealing.  So I made a peanut butter and banana sandwich.  It was delicious!

It was Steve’s birthday today and they made him a blue ringed octopus cake.  I saw a post on Facebook where someone said “Say hi to Dumbass for me!” and referred to Steve.  I asked him about it and he said, oh yeah, that’s my nickname.  On a recent dive trip there were four Steves so they had to make up nicknames and his was “Dumbass”.  There was also “Bareass” and some others.  O.K.  Hmmm…

We experienced more little earthquakes today.  Even one underwater!

82 - Phyllodesmium colemani

83 - Nembrotha mullineri

84 - Dermatobranchus funiculus

85 - Hypselodoris sp. 15

86 - Goniodoridella sp. 5

87 - Bulbaeolidia alba

88 - Aegires villosus

89 - Phyllodesmium lembehensis

90 - Aplysia parvula

91 - Goniobranchus preciosus

92 - Tambja morosa

93 - Lobiger sp. 1

94 - Eubranchus sp. 1

95 - Janolus savinkini

96 - Marionia sp. 4

97 - Flabellina riwo

98 - Pleurobranchus peroni

No comments:

Post a Comment