Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Bubbles and Butterflies

On the second dive camera read “no card” which is weird because on the first dive it worked just fine!  Luckily, I could still read the pictures from the first dive.  Some of the pictures below are from Lindz since I couldn't get my camera to work.

Dave did cover himself in crinoids on dive 2.  I got pictures and video of it on my Go Pro.

I was on the dive with Dave Behrens when we found the Chromodoris dianae… which he named after his ex-wife.  He tried to give it to her on Valentine’s Day (via a newspaper reporter announcing the news), but she said she’d much rather have diamonds.

On the afternoon dive we went to a site called Bubbles.  It was bubbling up everywhere and in this one spot, Glenn had us put our hand down and it was so HOT, I couldn’t even hold it there!

I found a Phyllodesmium longcirrium.  Not only is this a beautiful nudi, this one was HUGE.  I had to go up 10 feet just to get it all in frame!  This nudi contains photosynthetic zooxanthellae, which allows it to draw energy from sunlight.  Many people call it the solar powered nudi.

The resort ran out of diet coke at dinner!!!  I was beside myself, but luckily I had some pink lemonade.

Today marked Bree’s 300th dive!

Kevin came with us on the night dive and there was some current.

We saw a huge patch of Cyrce Elegans and they flitted about like butterflies.  I was able to get one all to myself and photograph it.

New Nudis today:

168 - Thorunna halourga


169 - Chromodoris dianae


170 - Reticulidia halgerda


This is Lindz' picture since my card couldn't be read.

171 - Nembrotha mullineri
 Courtesy of Lindz.

172 - Diversidoris crocea
 Courtesy of Lindz.

173 - Phyllidia polkadotsa

 Courtesy of Lindz.  I was so proud of myself that I found this one!!!

174 - Goniobranchus kunei

175 - Phyllodesmium longicirrum



176 - Cyerce elegans

177 - Armina sp. 7




178 - Marionia sp. 15

No comments:

Post a Comment