Monday, April 4, 2016

And isn't it ironic?

It's like finding a Conservation Fee payment slip at the bottom of the ocean...  <cue Atlantis Morisette music> Isn’t it ironic?  Don’t you think?


At the end of one of our dives, Bree practiced deploying her safety sausage on a reel… and it got all caught up and started dragging her to the surface.  Luckily I grabbed her fin and she let go of it.

One of our dive sites today was Betheleham.  After the dive, we were acting silly and dressed Bree up like virgin Mary holding her baby (the water bottle).  The boat crew were three wise men… and then there were the villagers.  I video’ed the group of us, we were laughing so much.

Mike collected an awesome specimen the night before and came to us to ask us to return it on tonight’s night dive.  I got to shoot a really rare nudi called the Limenandra barnosii!!

The night dive was FANTASTIC!

At the end of the night dive, I changed my light because it ran out of power. Then I felt that my air was drawing kinda tough so I looked at my gage and I was down to 200 psi.  Whoops!  I went right to my safety stop.

Lindz and I have taken to talking to each other in our respective accents.  Me in high English and her in American southern accents.  Hilarious.

While reviewing my photos, I was reminded that I should always take a picture of the nudi even if I think it’s boring.  Two flabellinas I thought were boring underwater turned out to be two new cuthonas for me!

We have the internet here, so I caught some activity on Facebook.  Point B made Crains Chicago Business Best Places to Work and the picture of me in the Caribbean Reef habitat at Shedd Aquarium and my coworkers outside of it made the site!



New Nudis today:

140 - Hypselodoris purpureomaculosa


141 - Phyllidia ocellata



142 - Dendronotus regius



143 - Cuthona sp. 4



144 - Favorinus mirabilis



145 - Cuthona sp. 2



146 - Noumeaella sp. 6



147 - Aegires sp. 6



148 - Hypselodoris cf maculosa



149 - Unknown (small white with yellow margin and white dots on rhinophores and gill)



150 - Flabellina sp. 7



151 - Limenandra barnosii



152 - Hypselodoris zephyra



153 - Eubranchus sp. 1



154 - Pleurobranchus weberi



155 - Janolus sp. 7




156 - Goniobranchus leopardus

No comments:

Post a Comment