Monday, October 1, 2012

Scooter Service


Today is the last full day of diving.  This has been a great trip but not so relaxing really.  I wish I could keep up with my pictures better.  I hope that upgrading to a new faster software/hardware will help that!

Today Graham gave me an underwater scooter ride.  I was hanging out hovering motionless and he just took my fins and pushed me like 20 yards or so off to the next nudibranch.  I didn’t move a muscle.  Hilarious.  Now that’s service!

Jayne told me even more interesting stories.  She was an early guest of Wakatobi (an Indonesian resort I myself went to in February 2011).  It was pretty rustic then and I guess wherever the guests hung their wetsuits wasn’t all that sterile.  Jayne had a cut on her arm and flesh eating bacteria got into it.  Ugh.  She had several surgeries and has a scar on her arm.  It must have been pretty scary.  But fear doesn’t hold Jayne back from all of her diving trips over to Indonesia!  She’s who I want to be when I grow up.  J 
Indonesia Inventory:


188 - Dermatobranchus sp. 12

189 - Mexichromis multituberculata
Candy anyone?

190 - Aplysia pulmonica
This is just the head of this sea hare. Look a the "eyes"!

191 - Cuthona kanga

192 - Phyllidiella rudmani
Super similar to the Pustulose Phyllidia.

193 - Chromodoris coi
Laying eggs.

194 - Durvilledoris pusilla
Never saw this before.  Awesome!

195 - Chromodoris leopardus
Lurve these guys.  Snuggling.

196 - Phyllodesmium sp. 1

197 - Chelidonura amoena

198 - Godiva rachelae
Super pretty - worthy of the name Godiva.

199 -Pleurobranchaea brockii
This guy reminded me of a cockroach.


200 - Doto sp. 15
On a leaf.

201 - Marionia elongoviridis
Yeah, funny cropping... I didn't spend any time fixing.

202 - Chromodoris magnifica

203 - Phyllodesmium magnum
204 - Chelidonura fulvipunctata
 

No comments:

Post a Comment